- Download the latest version (v0.3, 5 March 2021, 129 MByte) or the previous version (v0.2, 21 Dec 2018, 113 MByte)
- Download & install instructions
- First steps
- Release Notes
- Development plan and milestones
- SimCADO documentation (SimMETIS is a branch of SimCADO)
- Feature wish list
- Requirements for the simulator
- Project github page
- Download older versions
SimMETIS is the data simulator for METIS. It is an adaptation of the ELT/Micado data simulator SimCADO. In the current version (v0.2), released on 21 December 2018, it supports all L, M and N band imaging modes as well as the IFU modes. Long-slit modes will be supported in the near future.
SimMETIS simulations of a radiation-driven wind in a nearby, faint AGN. (Schartmann et al. 2014, MNRAS, 445, 3878). The total exposure time was 1 hour and the rows show variations of the inclination angle, while the columns show different Eddington ratios (from 1%, to 10% to 20%).